Responsible for health, safety and environmental (HSE) compliance at all Expertise facilities. This will include assessment and implementation of absent programs and the continued oversight and administration of existing HSE programs. This position will interface with all departments to ensure existing processes and special projects are in compliance with all Federal, State, and Local regulations. The HSE Manager implements and maintains an environmental health and safety program involving hazard identification evaluation and control, accident/injury prevention, hazardous material/waste management, emergency preparedness, fire/life safety, ergonomics, industrial hygiene, and environmental regulatory compliance.
• Ensure that the ISO 14001:2004 & OHSAS 18001:2007 standards are complied with.
• Supervision of Project HSE and Medical staff.
• Attend pre-job, planning and other client meetings as required.
• Conducts regular audits and inspections at project locations.
• Investigate or arrange for all accidents and near-misses be investigated, prepare report of findings, including
• Recommendations to prevent recurrence and implement approved course of action.
• Development and implementation of HSE Plans and emergency response plans that comply with Company policies and procedures as well as local client requirements.
• Ensures that all project personnel and crew comply with client and company HSE training and medical requirements.
• Provide relevant information for monthly HSE reports.
• Conduct HSE presentations and training to employees as required.
• Supervise the administrator and record keeping on area specific HSE audits, reports, certifications, permits, etc.
• Assists work site HSE professionals and line management in development of work site HSE and Cause No Harm promotions and campaigns.
• Promote a positive Company image during the course and scope of the performance of these duties.
• Assist in evaluation and selection of subcontractors on the basis of their HSE performance.
• Provide HSE input for the proposals group bids.
• Supervise the maintenance of company HSE statistics, analyse trends and propose and take remedial action where necessary.
• Performs and assumes other duties and responsibilities as may be required by immediate supervisor.
• A minimum of ten year’s practical experience in occupational HSE.
• Holding a Diploma or Degree in Occupational Health and Safety or other allied fields.
• Knowledge of and ability to use management concepts and principles including goal setting, planning and execution.
• Possess strong knowledge of OHSAS18001, IS014001 and ISM / ISPS standards and qualified as an internal auditor.
• Strong knowledge of relevant HSE principles.
• Ability to adhere to Company policies, procedures, guidelines and work requirements.
• Knowledge of regulatory agency, client and subcontractor HSE requirements.
• Knowledge of job duties and management of the Company’s HSE support staff.
• Good knowledge of onshore and offshore construction techniques and the ability to recommend safe work practices.
• Ability to prepare and update HSE statistical tracking and trending data.
• Ability to carry out incident investigation and root cause analysis.
• Proficient in the use of MS Office Applications (Words, Excel, PowerPoint, etc).
• Able to travel at short notice as and when required is a must.
Education Qualification 1: Bachelor of Technology/Engineering (B.E./B.Tech.)
Education Qualification 2: Diploma
Company Industry : Oil and gas / Petroleum
Functional Area : Engineering
Disclaimer: Jobs4gulf.com is a platform to bring Jobseekers & Prospective Employers / Recruiters together. Applicants are advised to research the bonafides of Employers / Recruiters Independently. We do not endorse requests for Money payments and strictly advise against sharing personal or Bank accounts information. If you suspect any Fraud activity, Please Email us immediately.