A Leading investment House in Bahrain looking for Finance Controller :
The Finance Controller provides both operational and programmatic support to the organization. Finance Controller supervises the finance unit and is the chief financial spokesperson for the organization, reports directly to the Group CFO and directly assists the General Manager on all strategic and tactical matters as they relate to budget management, cost benefit analysis, forecasting needs and the securing of new funding
• Assist in performing all tasks necessary to achieve the organization's mission and help execute staff succession and growth plans.
• Train the Finance Unit and other staff on raising awareness and knowledge of financial management matters.
• Work with the Group CFO on the strategic vision including fostering and cultivating stakeholder relationships on city, state, and national levels, as well as assisting in the development and negotiation of contracts.
• Participate in developing new business, specifically: assist the management in identifying new funding opportunities, the drafting of prospective programmatic budgets, and determining cost effectiveness of prospective service delivery.
• Assess the benefits of all prospective contracts and advise the Executive Team on programmatic design and implementation matters.
• Critically analysis and negotiate distribution agreements, strategic partnerships, and project proposals.
• Ensure adequate controls are installed and that substantiating documentation is approved and available such that all purchases may pass independent and governmental audits.
• Provide the Group CFO, Managing Director & General Manager with an operating budget. Work with the board members to ensure programmatic success through cost analysis support, and compliance with all contractual and programmatic requirements. This includes: 1) interpreting legislative and programmatic rules and regulations to ensure compliance with all local and contractual guidelines, 2) ensuring that all government regulations and requirements are disseminated to appropriate personnel, and 3) monitoring compliance.
• Oversee the management and coordination of all fiscal reporting activities for the organization including: organizational revenue/expense and balance sheet reports, reports to funding agencies, development and monitoring of organizational and contract/grant budgets.
• Oversee all purchasing and payroll activity for staff and participants.
• Develop and maintain systems of internal controls to safeguard financial assets of the organization and oversee federal awards and programs. Oversee the coordination and activities of independent auditors ensuring all audit issues are resolved, and all compliance issues are met, and the preparation of the annual financial statements is in accordance with GAAP and other required supplementary schedules and information.
• Attend Board and Subcommittee meetings; including being the lead staff on the Audit/Finance Committee.
• Monitor banking activities of the organization.
• Ensure adequate cash flow to meet the organization's needs.
• Investigate cost-effective benefit plans and other fringe benefits which the organization may offer employees and potential employees with the goal of attracting and retaining qualified individuals.
• Oversee the production of monthly reports, financial statements and cash flow projections for use by Executive management, as well as the Audit/Finance Committee and Board of Members.
• Assist in the design, implementation, and timely calculations of wage incentives, commissions, and salaries for the staff.
• Oversee Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable and ensure a disaster recovery plan is in place.
• Oversee business insurance plans and health care coverage analysis.
• Oversee the maintenance of the inventory of all fixed assets.
• Apply good internal controls in all areas of financial management, risk management and asset control.
• Assist with the planning, review and implementation of information systems to maximize financial & investment efficiency and reporting.
Education Qualification 1: Bachelor of Commerce (B.Com.)
Education Qualification 2: Chartered Accountant (C.A.)
Education Qualification 3: CA Inter
Education Qualification 4: Chartered Financial Analyst (C.F.A)
Company Industry : Banking / Financial Services / Broking
Functional Area : Finance / Treasury
Disclaimer: Jobs4gulf.com is a platform to bring Jobseekers & Prospective Employers / Recruiters together. Applicants are advised to research the bonafides of Employers / Recruiters Independently. We do not endorse requests for Money payments and strictly advise against sharing personal or Bank accounts information. If you suspect any Fraud activity, Please Email us immediately.