1. Install new / rebuild existing servers and configure hardware, peripherals, services, settings, directories, storage, etc. in accordance with standards and project/operational requirements.
2. Install and configure systems such as supports GIS infrastructure applications or Asset Management applications.
3. Develop and maintain installation and configuration procedures.
4. Contribute to and maintain system standards.
5. Research and recommend innovative, and where possible automated approaches for system administration tasks. Identify approaches that leverage our resources and provide economies of scale.
6. 3 to 4 years of Experience
Operations and Support
• Perform daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes, reviewing system and application logs, and verifying completion of scheduled jobs such as backups.
• Perform regular security monitoring to identify any possible intrusions.
• Perform daily backup operations, ensuring all required file systems and system data are successfully backed up to the appropriate media, recovery tapes or disks are created, and media is recycled and sent off site as necessary.
• Perform regular file archival and purge as necessary.
• Create, change, and delete user accounts per request.
• Provide Tier III/other support per request from various constituencies. Investigate and troubleshoot issues.
• Repair and recover from hardware or software failures. Coordinate and communicate with impacted constituencies.
• Management of Datacenter
• Monitoring and update on EMS for Datacenter and Agile controller for Network status
• Monitoring and update on MyQ system which take care the campus printing solution for all department
• Management of the Domain Controller, user accounts and GPO for users [staff and students]
• Management of Enterprise Server for student’s services [control internet for students with site and extension restrictions]
• Manage the College Management System [registration application, course distribution, attendance for students and staff, class applications, and faculty class management system]
• Manage backups of all servers and databases.
• Manage subordinators on helpdesk [inquires and complains management]
• Setup and management of NMS agile controller to monitor and examine the network traffic [error reporting, printer details, system hardware and software information, etc.
• Preferred MSCE and CCNA certified
Education Qualification 1: Bachelor of Science (B.Sc.)
Education Qualification 2: Bachelor of Technology/Engineering (B.E./B.Tech.)
Education Qualification 3: Diploma
Company Industry : IT – Software Services
Functional Area : IT Hardware Support / IT Hardware Repair & Maintenance